Serving our community since 1958
WinstonMedical Center is a full-service facility that serves as Winston County's only hospital offering 24/7 emergency room care, inpatient hospital care, inpatient geriatric psychiatric care, long-term care and a wide range of outpatient services. Winston Medical Center owns and operates Winston Medical Clinic, LLC which offers clinic services to our community in Louisville and Noxapater, MS
Winston Medical Center has been serving the community’s health care needs since 1958. Established under the name of Winston County Community Hospital, the facility replaced the Louisville Hospital which was located in downtown Louisville. With the use of Hill-Burton, state and local funds, the hospital began accepting patients on Oct 1, 1958.
Mission: To improve the quality of life to citizens in Winston County and surrounding communities
Vision: To be the healthcare provider of choice
Values: Performance, Accountability, Service, Stewardship, Integrity, and Teamwork
Historical time line
· In 1958, began operation under the name Winston County Community Hospital.
· In 1972, a 40 bed Skilled Nursing Home was constructed and began accepting patients. It was constructed utilizing state and local funds.
· In 1981, the new 65 bed hospital was constructed and began accepting patients.
· In 1983, the old 49-bed hospital was renovated and converted into nursing home beds, bringing the total number of nursing home beds to 82. Since 1983, additions to the nursing home have been made, bringing the total number of beds to 120.
· In 1994, Winston County Medical Foundation, a 501(c)3 not for profit, leased the medical center from Winston County and began conducting business as Winston Medical Center.
· In 1995, a new addition to the radiology department added a Helical CAT Scanner to the services at WMC.
· In 1999, a major renovation focused on the expansion of the emergency department and several ancillary departments. The 6000 sq. ft. addition included a new emergency department, a large outpatient center, new lobby, expanded laboratory services, respiratory services, and endoscopy services. In addition to the expansion, the old emergency area was completely remodeled, adding an additional 4 trauma beds.
· In 2013, a major renovation was conducted in the nursing home. It focused on modernizing the facility, adding a new wing to relocate existing rooms, adding a large dining area and expanding the outdoor recreational space for residents.
Winston Medical Center currently operates 27 acute hospital beds, a 14 inpatient geriatric psychiatric beds, a 120 bed long term care facility, a 24/7 Emergency Department, and two rural health clinics.