Most people do not think about skilled nursing care until an aging parent, spouse or other family member has a need for it or needs more help than a caregiver can provide.
Winston Medical Center Nursing Home is a skilled nursing facility. Winston Medical Center is proud to offer both long-and short-term care for individuals who need rehabilitation services or who suffer from serious or persistent health issues.
Winston Medical Center Nursing Home provides skilled nursing care 24/7. Skilled nursing care involves trained professionals performing services that are needed temporarily due to an injury or illness, including:
- a nurse attending to a post-operative wound or dispensing and monitoring intravenous medications
- a physical therapist working with a resident to rectify strength and balance issues
- a speech therapist assisting a resident in reclaiming their ability to communicate following a stroke
- an occupational therapist helping a resident to become independent again, particularly when it comes to dressing, personal hygiene and eating
Winston Medical Center Nursing Home also provides:
- pharmaceutical, laboratory and radiology services
- social and educational activities
- laundry services
- limited transportation
- end-of-life or hospice care
Our team consists Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, a licensed Social Worker, a MDS Nurse Coordinator, Activity Director, and on site physicians. Our team meets weekly to discuss patient progress and plan for discharge. Our highly skilled rehabilitation staff represents the definition of TEAM. Patients admitted through our rehab until will be receiving services which may include one or all of the disciplines mentioned above.
Medicare does NOT pay for nursing home care. However, it will pay for skilled nursing care if you require skilled nursing and if you have a 3 day qualifying hospital stay. Medicare will pay 20 full days and 80 co-insurance days. For more information on insurance coverage, contact our Case Management Department at 662-779-5192.