DOT PHYSICALS PROVIDED AT
WINSTON MEDICAL CLINIC!
Commercial drivers are now able to get Department of Transportation physicals done at Winston Medical Clinic-Main Campus at 923 South Church Avenue.
Dr. Dustin Gentry is listed on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners and is now performing DOT physical examinations and issuing medical certificates for commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers according to the guidelines of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
Here are some DOT physical tips that can help you be ready and do your best.
TIPS TO PREPARE TO HAVE YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE TAKEN:
- Don’t drink coffee or smoke cigarettes 30 minutes before having your blood pressure measured.
- Before the test, sit for five minutes with your back supported and your feet flat on the ground. Rest your arm on a table at the level of your heart.
- Wear short sleeves so your arm is exposed.
- Go to the bathroom prior to the reading. A full bladder can change your blood pressure reading.
- Get two readings, taken at least two minutes apart, and average the results.
- Ask the doctor or nurse to tell you the blood pressure reading in numbers.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR DOT PHYSICAL:
- Eyeglasses? Contact lenses? Hearing aid? Whichever you use, bring it with you.
- Bring a list of your current medications as well as the name and contact number of the doctor who prescribed them.
- Complete the Driver Information and Health History sections of the Medical Examination Report form. Don’t forget to sign and date the form.
- Supply Dr. Gentry with medical records for conditions such as diabetes, cardiac disease, sleep disorders, neurological conditions, etc. If you take medications for pain, psychiatric conditions, attention deficit disorder, or smoking cessation for example, bring a letter from your treating doctor.
To schedule an appointment call 662-773-3503. Walk-ins are accepted!